Estate planning deals with ensuring the property and health care of individuals
is respected and prepared for beforehand. Estate plans have the power
to resolve legal issues which come about when a person dies such as those
regarding their finances, personal property, and who inherits from their
property, among other matters.
The estate for which you are making plans includes any real estate, bank
accounts, stocks and other securities, life insurance policies, and personal
property such as automobiles and jewelry.
No matter how old you are or how complicated your estate may be, an estate
plan can help with:
- Identifying the person you want to leave your property to after you die
- Making sure your property gets to your beneficiary as quickly and easily
- Reducing the taxes to be paid for your property to pass to your beneficiary
- Avoiding the times and expenses of the probate process
- Setting out what life-prolonging medical care you want to receive if incapacitated
- Lay out your desired funeral arrangements and how these expenses are to be paid
A dedicated Sacramento estate planning attorney can explain what your options
are in terms of planning for the future of your estate. Don’t leave
your assets to chance—protect them and your family by contacting
our firm and discussing your needs today.
The Woodbury Law Office to explore your estate planning options.